Help us celebrate during the holiday season!
The holiday season is the busiest time of the year at Lucy’s Hearth! There are so many opportunities to help, we have made a TOP TEN list:
TOP TEN Things you can do to help out at Lucy’s Hearth this holiday season:
1) Volunteer to help with the Adopt-a-Family Program. Volunteers are needed daily beginning December 15th to help organize and label gifts as they are delivered – please call (401)847-2021 to sign-up.
2) Cook a meal. Come to Lucy’s Hearth and prepare a warm, hearty meal. The moms would be grateful to have a helping hand and a ‘night off’ from cooking.
3) We have more than 20 children in residence this holiday season. Come in and share a holiday craft with the kids.
4) Holiday baking? Come join our older kids and help them bake a holiday treat.
5) Polar Express… come share your favorite children’s holiday story and bring a special snack.
6) We need Mom gifts! We are collecting trinkets for moms so that we can set up a ‘Santa’s Workshop’ where kids can shop for a special gift for their mom and wrap it.
7) Speaking of wrapping... we have a very small amount of wrapping to do. Just kidding… we have a LOT of wrapping – donate one hour of your time or a couple of hours. Every little bit helps our families have a magical Christmas!
8) Stuff our stocking! We have a lot of stocking to hang by the chimney with care… donations of small stocking stuffers and treats are always needed.
9) Donate. Make your annual end of the year financial gift to Lucy’s Hearth.
10) Donate your time and talent! Lucy’s Hearth is simply a large home with lots of ‘family members.’ Come and share your talents and holiday traditions with us!